At this weekend’s D23, I was able to get a few minutes with Ty Burrell on the red carpet. As a huge fan of Modern Family and The Muppets (he plays Jean Pierre Napoleon in the sequel, Muppets Most Wanted), it was cool to hear him talk about making the sequel and what it was like working with the Muppets for the first time. In addition, he talked about making Modern Family and how he’s still amazed at the quality of the scripts even as they enter the fifth season. Hit the jump for what he had to say.
- How I’m really at Disney’s D23 to talk about Mr. Peabody and Sherman
- What was it like being on The Muppets set for the first day of filming
- How the performers handling the Muppets are all such gifted improvisers
- Did he have more friends and family wanting to visit him on the set than his previous projects
- How the writing on Modern Family is still brilliant
- How much do the writers tell them in advance any arcs for the season