At this weekend’s D23, I was able to get a few minutes with Ty Burrell on the red carpet. As a huge fan of Modern Family and The Muppets (he plays Jean Pierre Napoleon in the sequel, Muppets Most Wanted), it was cool to hear him talk about making the sequel and what it was like working with the Muppets for the first time. In addition, he talked about making Modern Family and how he’s still amazed at the quality of the scripts even as they enter the fifth season. Hit the jump for what he had to say.
- How I’m really at Disney’s D23 to talk about Mr. Peabody and Sherman
- What was it like being on The Muppets set for the first day of filming
- How the performers handling the Muppets are all such gifted improvisers
- Did he have more friends and family wanting to visit him on the set than his previous projects
- How the writing on Modern Family is still brilliant
- How much do the writers tell them in advance any arcs for the season
Eli Roth's latest film stars Keanu Reeves as a good guy who does a bad thing...and pays for it dearly.
'The Impossible' helmer J.A. Bayona will direct the sequel from a script by Steven Knight with Brad Pitt returning in the lead role.
Disney will not stop until every single one of its animated classics has a live-action reboot.
They also talk about memorable moments from filming and what they liked about the script.
The first season of 'Daredevil' comes to a close as Matt Murdock earns his horns!
What was the atmosphere like on set? With Chris Pratt around, the answer is "hilarious".
The future may be bright, but Brad Bird’s new film is a dim bulb.
The folks behind 'Chicken Run' and 'Wallace and Gromit' bring us the story of sheep in the city.
Which would you save? ‘Star Wars’ or ‘Star Trek’? Han Solo or Indiana Jones? ‘Game of Thrones’ or ‘Breaking Bad’? Watch as Damon Lindelof is forced to choose.
The Blumhouse Productions and Warner Bros. release hits theaters on July 20th.