Opening this Friday is director Len Wiseman‘s remake of Total Recall. Based on the short story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale by Philip K. Dick, Total Recall stars Colin Farrell in the role originated by Arnold Schwarzenegger. In the film, Farrell stars as Douglas Quaid, a man who is bored with his life (even though he’s married to Kate Beckinsale) and seeks to have adventurous memories implanted in his brain. However, after visiting Recall, both friends and family are after him for different reasons. But the big problem is he doesn’t know what’s real. The film also stars Jessica Biel, John Cho, Bill Nighy, and Bryan Cranston.
The other day I got to speak with Kate Beckinsale here in Los Angeles. We talked about how the film is non-stop action, what she did to prepare for the role, how the film compared to what she thought going in, and more. In addition, after the success of Underworld 4 (Underworld: Awakening), I asked the status of Underworld 5. She said, “I think it’s probably unlikely that I’ll do one but they may do one without me.” Hit the jump to watch the interview.
Also, if you missed Len Wiseman telling me the Total Recall Blu-ray would have a director’s cut that was 17 minutes longer, you can see that interview here. For my two recent interviews with Biel, here’s my Comic-Con interview and the recent junket interview. Finally, here’s my recent interview with Colin Farrell and 20 Things to Know about the film from my set visit.
- How did the finished film compare to what she thought it would be going in
- How did she get ready for the shoot and how the movie is non-stop action
- Does she remember any of her deleted scenes as Len Wiseman told me in a previous interview that the Blu-ray would feature a director’s cut that’s 17 minutes longer
- Underworld 5 talk. Would she come back for another sequel? She says “I think it’s probably unlikely that I’ll do one but they may do one without me.”
- Talks about The Trials of Cate McCall and who she plays