If you’ve been dying to dig into the mysteries of Us, good news — the biggest horror hit of 2019 so far is heading to home video, and the Blu-ray is jam-packed bonus features. Jordan Peele‘s dopplegänger horror film sparked a whole lot of theorizing and debate, and if you’re hoping to throw some fuel on the fire, look forward to six deleted scenes that will appear on the Blu-ray and hopefully offer some more insight to the mysteries.
Filmmaking fans are also in for a treat. The Us Blu-ray will include scene explorations for the making of three critical sequences — the Tyler house massacre, Jason’s abduction, and Adelaide’s underground flashback, as well as a number of featurettes about creating the dopplegängers, the challenges of shooting a film starring actors in dual roles, and dissecting the film’s key imagery.
Us will drop on digital on June 4, followed by a Blu-ray, 4K, DVD AND On Demand release on June 18.
Check out the full Blu-ray details below.
EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURE ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM & DIGITAL:
- Scene Explorations – The making of three iconic scenes from the film including the Tyler house massacre, Jason’s abduction and Adelaide’s underground flashback.
- Seven Second Massacre
- It’s a Trap
I Just Want My Little Girl Back
BONUS FEATURES on 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- The Duality of US – Jordan Peele goes in-depth on some of the key themes and imagery in US–including Doppelgängers, Hands Across America, The Nutcracker dance scene, rabbits and the infamous 11:11 coincidence.
- The Monsters Within US – Examine how the great cast were able to find their characters, whether they were playing one of the Wilsons or their sinister doppelgängers.
- Tethered Together: Making US Twice – Making of a movie is hard. Making a movie where all the main cast play dual roles can be downright mind-bending. In this piece, filmmakers, cast, and crew discuss some of the technical challenges to making the film, as well as some of the design choices for the characters.
- Redefining a Genre: Jordan Peele’s Brand of Horror – In the space of two films, Jordan Peele has set himself apart as an invaluable artistic voice. Hear cast and filmmakers highlight what makes him so unique, as well as Jordan’s own thoughts on his inspirations and the relationship between horror and comedy.
- Becoming Red – Using behind-the-scenes footage from between takes, we take a closer look at Lupita Nyong’o’s intense and mesmerizing performance as “Red.”
- I Am Not Even Near You
- Rabbit Season
- That’s Badass
- The P is Silent
- I Wanna Go Home
- We’re All Dying – Hilarious outtakes from the conversation between Winston Duke and Tim Heidecker on the beach.
- As Above, So Below: Grand Pas de Deux – An extended version of the dance sequence from the film, cutting between adolescent Adelaide at her recital to Red in the Underpass.