With director Shawn Levy’s The Internship opening this weekend, 20th Century Fox recently held a press junket at Google where we were able to speak with Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. If you’re not familiar with The Internship, the film re-teams Wilson and Vaughn as two out-of-work salesmen who attempt to reinvent themselves by competing against young up-and-comers for an internship at Google. The film also stars Rose Byrne, Max Minghella, Dylan O’Brien, Josh Gad, B.J. Novak, and John Goodman. For more on the film, watch these clips.
During the interview, Wilson and Vaughn talked about finding the right tone and a story with meaning, if they agreed to make the movie because they’d get to play Quidditch, the work environment at Google and how it’s like a vacation compared to most work environments, what surprised them about Google, and more. In addition, if you’re a fan of the way Vaughn and Wilson can play off one another, watch the last minute of this interview.
And if you missed my extended interview with Vaughn and Wilson from my set visit, click here to read it.
Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson:
- Is it true they only agreed to make the movie because they would get to play Quidditch. Vaughn talks about the optimism of the movie. Wilson talks about how they both got hurt on the first take.
- How the movie has a lot of heart. They talk about finding the right tone and a story with some meaning.
- They talk about the work environment at Google and how it looks like a vacation compared to most work environments
- What were some of the things that surprised them about Google and the people that work there.
- If you’re a fan of Vaughn and Wilson and the way they play off one another, watch the last minute of this interview.