Trance, the new film from Danny Boyle, opens in limited release this weekend. The hypnotic crime thriller stars James McAvoy as Simon, an art auctioneer who engineers a heist, but develops amnesia and forgets where he stashed the goods. His criminal partner, Franck (Vincent Cassel), is none too happy with this, and resorts to hiring Elizabeth (Rosario Dawson), a hypnotist who attempts to help Simon recover his memory. For more on the film, here’s the red band trailer, some posters, and everything else we’ve posted on the movie.
At the Los Angeles press day, I landed a video interview with Cassel. We talked about what’s it been like for him to work with some great directors, how he likes to prepare for a role, why he wanted to work with Boyle on Trance, and more. In addition, Cassel talked about playing the Beast in Christophe Gans‘ Beauty and the Beast and what people can expect from the film. Hit the jump to watch.
- What’s it been like for him recently as he’s worked for some great directors
- Is there a common thread between all these directors in terms of the way they work or how they ask him to prepare
- He says no to a lot of projects…what was it about Trance that made him say yes
- Talks about playing the Beast in Christophe Gans’ Beauty and the Beast
- What is the tone of the movie