The Wednesday TV ratings for October 7th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- At 8 p.m., CBS’s Survivor won the hour with a 2.0 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, and 8.95 million viewers.
- Fox’s Rosewood dropped two tenths from last week to a 1.7 rating and 5.69 million viewers, although it appears to be picking up some early Empire viewers in its second half.
- NBC’s The Mysteries of Laura also dropped a tad to a 1.1 rating and 7.11 million viewers, but the season premiere of Arrow on the CW was up a tenth from last year’s premiere to a 1.1 rating and 2.62 million viewers. Oliver, you have not failed these ratings.
ABC’s comedy bloc all lost a little ground from last week, starting with The Middle at 8 p.m., which notched a 1.9 rating and 7.22 million viewers. The Goldbergs at 8:30 p.m. drew a 2.1 rating and 6.58 million viewers, while Modern Family brought a 2.7 rating and 7.88 million viewers. Black-ish finished things off with a 1.9 rating and 5.89 million viewers at 9:30 p.m.
- Empire lost a little ground this week (always a little bit of a surprise) with a still huge 5.0 rating (that will grow in delayed viewing numbers) and 12.99 million viewers at 9 p.m. on Fox.
- Criminal Minds on CBS, meanwhile, hit a series low 1.7 rating and 8.94 million viewers, which did nothing for Code Black at 10 p.m., which itself dropped almost half a point to a 1.1 rating and 6.81 million viewers.
- Law and Order: SVU was also down slightly for NBC at 9 p.m. with a 1.5 rating and 7 million viewers.
- The season premiere of Supernatural on the CW dropped a few tenths from last year’s premiere (which got some help from The Flash back then), but it did beat last season’s finale numbers with a 0.9 rating and 1.99 million viewers.
- At 10 p.m., Chicago P.D. lost a little ground but still won its time slot for NBC with a 1.5 rating and 6.48 million viewers.
- Nashville finished up slightly down (the theme of the night) with a 1.1 rating and 4.42 million viewers at 10 p.m. on ABC.