The Wednesday TV ratings for April 1st are in; here are some of the highlights:
- ABC’s comedy bloc helped it win in the night in the key 18-49 demographic, as Modern Family‘s steady 2.9 rating and 9.33 million viewers at 9 p.m.was the highest-rated program of the night.
- Though The Goldbergs was down 10 percent at 8:30 p.m. to a 1.9 rating and 7.18 million viewers, black-ish at 9:30 made up for it with a 14 percent jump to a 2.4 and 7.4 million viewers.
- Survivor won its 8 p.m. timeslot for CBS with a 2.1 rating and 9.47 million viewers, but The Dovekeepers‘ second night sunk 10 percent at 9 p.m. to a 0.9 rating and 6.4 million viewers.
- CBS’s walking-wounded numbers helped Fox win overall with viewers, thanks also to American Idol at 8 p.m., with a 1.7 rating and 8.37 million viewers for its regular 2-hour run.
- At 10 p.m., NBC’s Chicago P.D. brought in a 1.6 rating and 6.89 million viewers, while Nashville tied its series low on ABC with a 1.3 rating and 5.11 million viewers.
- On the CW, Arrow was down 20 percent to a 0.8 rating and 2.36 million viewers, doing nothing to help Supernatural at 9 p.m., which was down to its series low of a 0.6 and 1.74 million viewers.