The weekend TV ratings for Friday, April 24th through Sunday, April 26th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- The big winner on Friday night was ABC, whose Bruce Jenner interview pulled a massive 5.2 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, and a whopping 16.86 million viewers. If you couldn’t tell from my other adjectives, that’s huge.
- Back at 8 p.m. on Friday, Shark Tank was up two tenths to a 1.7 rating for ABC, while NBC’s Grimm stayed steady in that hour with a 1.0 rating and 4.7 million viewers.
- On the CW, Cedric’s Barber Battle bucked the trend of series losing numbers after their premieres by being up two tenths to a 0.4 rating and 1.36 million viewers. Their other new series, The Messengers, also bounced up a tenth to a 0.4 rating and 1.2 million viewers.
- On Saturday, NBC’s Stanley Cup coverage was down a tenth to a 0.8 rating and 2.69 million viewers.
Sunday, ABC’s Secrets & Lies made a surprising leap to first place in the 9 p.m. hour, with its penultimate episode bringing in a 1.7 rating and 5.75 million viewers (up 13 percent from last week to a series high).
- A.D. The Bible Continues dropped to a 1.1 rating and 5.72 million viewers, while CBS’s The Good Wife was down to a 1.0 rating, and 8.74 million viewers.
- At 9:30 p.m., The Last Man on Earth stayed steady with a 1.4 rating and 3.23 million viewers.
- ABC’s Revenge took the top spot at 10 p.m., though it wasn’t much of a prize given its low (but steady) 1.0 rating and 4.51 million viewers. CBS’s Battle Creek was also steady with a 0.7 and 6.18 million viewers, just like NBC’s beleaguered American Odyssey, matching last week’s 0.5 rating and 2.93 million viewers.