The weekly TV ratings for Friday, June 5th through Thursday, June 12th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- On Saturday, an average of 18.5 million people tuned in to NBC to watch the Belmont Stakes, with that number growing to 22 million once it was time for the misspelled wonder American Pharoah to take to the track, winning the Triple Crown.
Sunday, NBC did not have such good luck, as A.D. The Bible Continues was down its series low 0.7 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, and notching 4.02 million viewers at 9 p.m. American Odyssey at 10 p.m. was also down to a series low 0.4 rating and 2.57 million viewers.
- ABC had a ratings victory though with its NBA coverage, including a 22 percent jump from last year’s Game 2 numbers, pulling a 7.1 rating and 18.8 million viewers. Game 3 dropped to a 5.8 and 14.61 million viewers, while Game 4 was back up to a 6.3 rating and 16.33 million viewers.
- On Monday night, The Whispers took a dive of 33 percent on ABC at 10 p.m., notching a 1.0 rating and 4.36 million viewers (though it gained some of that back in delayed viewing figures).
- NBC managed to win Monday night with American Ninja Warrior at 8 p.m. (2.0 rating, 6.83 million viewers) and The Island at 10 p.m. (1.2 rating, 3.75 million viewers).
- ABC’s The Bachelorette was down a tenth on Monday night to a 1.8 rating and 6.29 million viewers.
Tuesday’s season finale of iZombie at 9 p.m. on the CW hit a series low 0.5 rating and 1.4 million viewers, dropping 17 percent. But it may have been impacted by the NBA finales (a huge crossover between those fandoms would surprise me, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility!)
- Meanwhile, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? jumped up 14 percent on Fox at 8 p.m. Tuesday night, to a 0.8 rating and 2.93 million viewers. NBC’s I Can Do That at 10 p.m. also saw a gain of a tenth of a point, to a 1.6 rating and 5.59 million viewers.
- Wednesday night was filled with reality programming, which saw Fox’s MasterChef staying steady at 8 p.m. with a 1.5 rating and 4.63 million viewers, but Bullseye down to a 1.0 rating and 3.24 million viewers at 9 p.m. ABC’s Celebrity Wife Swap, though, rose a tenth to a 1.1 rating and 3.34 million viewers at 10 p.m.
- The season finale of Bones on Fox at 8 p.m. Thursday pulled a steady 1.1 rating and 4.88 million viewers, while Wayward Pines at 9 p.m. managed to rise 9 percent to a 1.2 rating and 4.23 million viewers.
- NBC’s Aquarius made an improbable rise of 14 percent to a 0.8 rating and 3.73 million viewers, proving that some people are watching it live, anyway (and not watching the whole season online).
- But speaking of online, Netflix’s early release of Orange Is the New Black certainly didn’t help NBC’s Hannibal at 10 p.m. Thursday (neither did Game 4 of the NBA finals). It sank to a series low 0.5 rating and 1.74 million viewers. You guys are breaking Hannibal’s heart! (And that episode showed what that means …)