The weekly TV ratings from Saturday, July 25th through Thursday, July 30th are in, here are some of the highlights:
- It appears neither Hannibal nor Aquarius are thriving in their new Saturday timeslots. Hannibal came away with a 25 percent drop from the week before, down to a 0.3 rating and 1 million viewers in the key 18-49 demographic at 10 p.m. on ABC (it was the introduction of the Red Dragon, people! I assume you DV-R’d it at least). Its lead-in, Aquarius, dropped 33 percent to a 0.2 rating and 1.19 million viewers.
- Sunday night, the season finale of BattleBots rose to a 1.4 rating and 4.61 million viewers for ABC a 9 p.m.
- Welcome to Sweden continued to sail along quietly on NBC at 8 p.m. with a 0.3 rating and 1.16 million viewers, steady with last week, but then fell to a new series low 0.2 rating and 1.11 million viewers at 8:30 p.m. So unfortunately, NBC then cancelled it (Noooo! Hopefully it will be available on streaming).
- On cable, HBO’s True Detective garnered a meh 1.0 rating and 2.3 million viewers, while Adult Swim’s Rick & Morty, which pulled a very close 1.0 rating and 2.12 million viewers. The Strain on FX brought in a 0.6 rating and 1.5 million viewers, while Showtime’s Ray Donovan garnered a 0.5 rating and 1.4 million viewers.
- On Monday, The Bachelorette brought in a huge ratings jump for ABC at 8 p.m., going from last week’s 1.9 to a 2.4 rating and 8.05 million viewers. It kept most of that audience for the After the Final Rose special, which garnered a 2.4 rating and 7.94 million viewers waiting to see if Nick would ask Kaitlyn why they “made love if she wasn’t in love with him” (he learned from last time and didn’t actually ask that).
- So You Think You Can Dance? on Fox was (perhaps surprisingly?) down to a series low 0.8 rating and 2.79 million viewers at 8 p.m.
- Penn & Teller: Fool Us on the CW was up two tenths to a 0.7 rating and 2.31 million viewers at 8 p.m., and Cedric’s Barber Battle also managed to find some life, notching up to a 0.3 rating and 0.91 million viewers.
Tuesday night, Zoo on CBS notched up two tenths to a 1.2 rating and 7.07 million viewers at 9 p.m.
- Things were fairly steady on Wednesday, including for Extant on CBS, which pulled a 0.7 rating and 4.25 million viewers at 9 p.m. (behind Fox’s Home Free and the timeslot winner — a rerun of Modern Family on ABC).
- Thursday, The Astronaut Wives Club was up two tenths to a 0.8 rating and 4.03 million viewers at 8 p.m. on ABC. Under the Dome stayed steady with a 1.0 rating and 4.62 million viewers at 10 p.m. for CBS, who won that night thanks to that series as well as Big Brother, the night’s biggest ratings earner with a 2.0 and 6.32 million viewers at 9 p.m.