If you’re a fan of Lord of the Rings, Tintin, King Kong, Meet the Feebles, Peter Jackson, cool collectibles, and movie props, you’re going to dig this photo article. When I visited the set of The Hobbit earlier this year in Auckland, New Zealand, I also got to visit the Weta Cave (Weta’s gift shop) and I snapped over 60 pictures. As you can see in the pics, the store is a mixture of items for sale and props from the many films that Weta has been involved with. Even though a lot of the merchandise is available online, it’s definitely a lot cooler to purchase a t-shirt/book/collectible from Weta while visiting New Zealand.
Hit the jump to check out the images.
click on any image for high-res
And if you missed all my Hobbit set visit coverage:
- 70 Things to Know About The Hobbit from our set visit
- Peter Jackson Talks Similarities and Differences to Lord of the Rings, Shooting in 3D and 48 fps, His Initial Reluctance to Direct, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
- Ian McKellan Talks Returning to Middle Earth, Differences from the Book, Advances in Technology and Filming in 3D, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
- Martin Freeman Talks the Impact of The Ring on Bilbo, Ian Holm’s Performance, Being a Fan Favorite for the Role, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
- Richard Armitage Talks Dwarf Humor, Script Changes During Production, Parallels Between Thorin and Frodo’s Journeys, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
- Weta Workshop Head Richard Taylor Talks Turning Actors into Dwarves, Developing the Film’s Weapons, and More on the Set of The Hobbit