Shortly before Paramount’s CinemaCon presentation yesterday in Las Vegas, I managed to get a few minutes on the red carpet with Will Arnett. Since he’s in town to promote Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows and The Lego Batman Movie, I made sure to ask him about both projects.
If you aren’t aware, when laying down a voice track for an animated movie, typically the actor will work alone in the booth with the director offering guidance on the performance. But for The Lego Batman Movie, Arnett revealed that he actually did some recording with Zach Galifianakis in the room with him. With Galifianakis playing the Joker, it’s pretty clear director Chris McKay is looking for some great back and forth banter between the characters and having them record together is a perfect way to make it happen.
Check out what Will Arnett had to say about both projects above and if you missed the great looking Lego Batman trailers click here.
- How is the sequel different from the first film?
- Making the sequel versus the first film.
- What footage are they showing at CinemaCon?
- Lego Batman talk. Where are they in the recording process?
- How is Zach Galifianakis as the Joker.
- Is this the busiest he’s ever been?