Life of Crime, Daniel Schecter’s adaptation of the Elmore Leonard novel The Switch, is now playing on VOD and in theaters. The film features younger versions of the Robert De Niro and Samuel L. Jackson characters from another Leonard adaptation, Jackie Brown, with John Hawkes and Yasiin Bey (aka Mos Def) filling the roles this time around. The story features Hawkes and Bey kidnapping the trophy wife (Jennifer Aniston) of a wealthy man (Tim Robbins) only to find out he doesn’t actually want her back. The film also stars Mark Boone Junior, Isla Fisher, Will Forte. Life of Crime is loaded with juicy characters and great dialogue, and it’s definitely worth checking out. For more on the movie, read Matt’s review or watch the trailer.
At the recent Los Angeles press day for the film I landed an exclusive video interview with Will Forte. He talked about making Life of Crime, how quickly he said yes to the project, how The Brothers Solomon got him the job, his gigantic beard he’s growing for the Fox series Last Man on Earth, how he got Chris Miller and Phil Lord to direct the pilot, the MacGruber sequel, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Why does he have the beard?
- How did he land Chris Miller and Phil Lord as the directors of the pilot?
- MacGruber sequel? Revels Jorma Taccone just sent him an outline for MacGruber 2
- How quickly did he say yes to doing the film?
- How The Brothers Solomon got him this job.
- The lack of improv on set.