Opening this weekend is the third film in the Men in Black franchise. Barry Sonnenfeld returns as director and the story finds Will Smith’s Agent J travelling back in time to save Tommy Lee Jones’ Agent K. In addition to Bill Hader as Andy Warhol, Josh Brolin plays a younger version of Jones’ character and does an incredible job. You’ll absolutely think you’re watching Jones as a young man. Men in Black 3 also stars Jemaine Clement, Alice Eve, and Emma Thompson. In addition, make-up effects artist Rick Baker returns to the franchise and you can see some of his creature work here. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage.
Last week I got to speak with most of the cast and every day this week I’ll be posting a new interview. Yesterday was Tommy Lee Jones and today I’ve got Will Smith. During the interview we talked about when he knew they could make another Men in Black, the impact Star Wars had on him as a kid, how many takes he likes to do, and more. In addition, we talked about future projects like M. Night Shyamalan‘s After Earth, and I tried to get updates on Independence Day 2, Bad Boys 3, I Am Legend 2 and Hancock 2. Hit the jump to watch.
- I start off by telling him how happy I am that he’s back making movies
- What are some of his favorite movies. Talks about the impact Star Wars had on him
- Star Wars or The Empire Strikes Back?
- When did he know they could make a third film
- How many takes does he like to do
- Any update on Independence Day 2, Bad Boys 3, I Am Legend 2 and Hancock 2. He says no, yes, no and yes. Meaning the two that might be going are Bad Boys 3 and Hancock 2
- Talks about M. Night Shyamalan’s After Earth