With Patrick Lussier’s (My Bloody Valentine 3D) revenge thriller Drive Angry 3D getting released today, I was able to interview most of the cast earlier this week. Here’s Nicolas Cage & Amber Heard and Billy Burke. Since we’ve been covering the film since its inception, most of you know it’s about a felon (Cage) who is chasing the people who killed his daughter (Burke) and kidnapped her baby. The vendetta/rescue spins out of control and the chase gets bloodier by the mile, leaving bodies everywhere. Chasing Cage is someone called “the accountant”, and he’s played by William Fichtner who steals the movie with his performance.
During my interview with Fichtner, we talked about how the film compared to what he thought it would be, the action, filming in 3D and working with the cameras, what films/TV shows do people always want to talk to him about (I mentioned Contact and Go), and he told me a great story about how the suit he wears in the film is actually his that he brought to set. Hit the jump to watch:
Finally, here’s 5 clips from Drive Angry 3D. Again, the film opens today. It’s a fun ride.
- How did the film compare to what he thought it would be when he signed on
- The blood and guts of the film. Did that attract him to the role or make him nervous
- Did he get to keep his suit? Tells a great story about how it’s his real suit in the film
- What was it like working with the 3D cameras
- What are the projects (film and TV) that people always want to talk to him about. I bring up Contact and Go