With director Gore Verbinski’s The Lone Ranger opening this Wednesday, Disney held a big press junket Santa Fe, New Mexico. While I’ve done a lot of interviews, it was incredibly cool to talk to the cast and filmmakers with the beautiful New Mexico desert behind us. If you’ve missed the trailers, the story focuses on John Reid (Armie Hammer) surviving an attack, being saved by Native American warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp), and the two teaming up to fight injustice. As you can see in this featurette, the production went to enormous lengths to film the majority of The Lone Ranger practically, and they shot at some amazing locations all around the country. The film also stars Tom Wilkinson, Ruth Wilson, William Fichtner, Barry Pepper, James Badge Dale, and Helena Bonham Carter.
During my interview with Fichtner, he talked about what he likes to collect, filming on location, his costume, his upcoming films Elysium and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- I joke around about the matte painting behind us
- What does he collect or geek out over
- What was the one location that he couldn’t believe they got to film at
- Talks about his look and costume in the film
- Talks about his upcoming projects like Elysium and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles