Opening tomorrow, in limited release, is director Oren Moverman‘s (The Messenger) fantastic new movie, Rampart. Led by a brillaint Woody Harrelson, Rampart is about a corrupt cop whose past is finally catching up with him in the wake of a department-wide corruption scandal. The film also stars Sigourney Weaver, Robin Wright, Steve Buscemi, Cynthia Nixon, Ben Foster, Anne Heche, Ice Cube, and Ned Beatty.
Recently, I got to speak with Harrelson. We talked about how he got involved in the project, what is was like to try and stick to the script while also finding the truth in the moment, what did he think of the film when he first saw it, filming on location in Los Angeles during the day, karaoke (he sings some Queen), and whether or not he can still dunk a basketball. In addition, Harrelson talked about The Hunger Games and Martin McDonagh‘s Seven Psychopaths. Hit the jump to watch.
- What is his karaoke song. And he sings part of it!
- Can he still dunk a basketball
- How did he first get involved in Rampart
- What is it like to try and stick to the script while also finding the truth in the moment
- What did he think of the movie when he first saw it
- What was it like to film the movie on location in Los Angeles during the day. It’s a film noir but set during the day
- Talks about Martin McDonagh’s Seven Psychopaths and how he first met him
- What can he tell the fans about The Hunger Games