As of yesterday, production has officially begun on Brian Singer‘s X-Men: Days of Future Past follow-up, X-Men: Apocalypse and we’ve got a look at some new concept art to give you an idea of what Singer’s rolling cameras on. Fresh off the reveal of Kodi Smitt McPhee‘s incarnation of Nightcrawler, the new concept art offers a look at Professor X’s 1980’s tech, including Cerebro and the X-Jet, as well as a glimpse at a catacomb that seemingly dates back to ancient Egypt.
The range speaks to the scope of the film, which Singer described to Empire as “a big monster of a movie”, with “global” stakes and a “mythic” villain. Singer also confirmed that the film will take place in 1983, ten years after the events of Days of Future Past.
Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, and Nicholas Hoult will lead X-Men: Apocalypse alongside returning castmembers Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, Evan Peters as Quicksilver, Lucas Till as Havok, as well as newcomers Alexandra Shipp as Storm, Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, Ben Hardy as Angel, Tye Sheridan as Cyclops, Olivia Munn as Psylocke and Oscar Issac as the title antagonist, Apocalypse. The film arrives in theaters May 27, 2016.
Catch up with all things X-Men: Apocalypse here or check out our recent stories below:
- Rumor: X-MEN APOCALYPSE and WOLVERINE 3 Will End Bryan Singer’s X-MEN Universe
- Jennifer Lawrence Says APOCALYPSE Will Be Her Last X-MEN Movie
- X-MEN: APOCALYPSE: Olivia Munn Is Psylocke
- Nicholas Hoult Talks MAD MAX: FURY ROAD and X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Adds Jubilee to Ensemble; Potential Cameos Revealed
- Oscar Isaac’s X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Costume Will Be a Mix of Practical and Digital Effects
- X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Production Art Provides a Glimpse of Angel