Opening this weekend is director Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past. As most of you know, Days of Future Past finds Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) having his consciousness sent back to 1973 in order to help Professor X (James McAvoy), Magneto (Michael Fassbender), and the rest of the X-Men: First Class crew stop the rise of the Sentinels, giant robots programmed to exterminate mutants. The film also takes place in the future, so we’re going to see the original X-Men cast and what will happen if Wolverine fails. I caught a screening last week and am very happy to report the film is great. It’s loaded with awesome character moments and tons of mutant action. You’re all going to love it. For more on the film, watch these five clips and nine minutes of behind-the-scenes footage, and click here for all of our coverage.
At the New York City press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with producers Lauren Shuler Donner and Hutch Parker. They talked about checking Twitter after the first press screening, the length of the first cut, who they invite to their friends and family screenings, how they’d like to shoot X-Men: Apocalypse and the next Wolverine solo movie back-to-back, the status of other Fox properties like X-Force, New Mutants and Deadpool, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
Lauren Shuler Donner and Hutch Parker:
- Were they on Twitter after the first press screening?
- How long was the first cut of the movie?
- Who was part of their first friends and family screening?
- How they would want to shoot X-Men: Apocalypse and the next Wolverine solo movie back to back to help Hugh Jackman and when would they want to shoot them?
- How are the other X properties going for movies like X-Force, New Mutants and Deadpool?