And here I thought we were done with all the X-Men: First Class casting news. It turns out that’s not the case as Ray Wise (Twin Peaks) tells IGN that he’ll be playing the Secretary of State in Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming prequel. Wise says he’ll be going to shoot in a couple weeks and that that he thinks his role might require a bit of special effects. Wise can be seen on TV this week in a special Twin Peaks-homage episode of USA Network’s Psych.
Hit the jump for a full cast breakdown along with the official synopsis. X-Men: First Class is set to open on June 3, 2011.
- James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier
- Michael Fassbender as Magneto
- Bill Milner as Young Magneto
- Nicholas Hoult as Beast
- Caleb Landry Jones as Banshee
- Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
- Morgan Lily as Young Mystique
- Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw
- Edi Gathegi as Darwin
- Jason Flemyng as Azazel
- Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert
- Oliver Platt as The Man in Black
- January Jones as Emma Frost
- Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore
- Álex González as Riptide
- Ray Wise as the U.S. Secretary of State
Here’s the official synopsis:
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.