With Roland Emmerich’s period drama Anonymous now playing, it’s time to post the last of my video interviews with the cast. While Emmerich is known for his big-budget disaster movies like 2012 and Independence Day, Anonymous is a big departure by centering on a conspiracy to cover up the true author of Shakespeare’s plays. Emmerich made a really entertaining political thriller wrapped in a controversial theory. The film stars Rhys Ifans, Jamie Campbell Bower, David Thewlis, Joely Richardson, Xavier Samuel and Vanessa Redgrave. Here are some clips and the trailer.
During my interview with Xavier Samuel, we talked about how he got cast, karaoke, video games, his thoughts on the authorship of Shakespeare’s plays, how early does he start to prepare once he gets a project, and what Twilight fans want to talk about when they meet him. In addition, Samuel recently made a few Australian movies (Bait, A Few Best Man and Drift) and talks about them. Hit the jump to watch.
- What’s his karaoke song
- What’s the last video game he played
- How did he get involved in Anonymous and was it something he went after
- Does he think Shakespeare wrote the plays
- How early does he start to prepare once he gets a project
- When Twilight fans meet him, what do they always want to talk about
- Talks about his Australian movies he just did (Bait, A Few Best Man and Drift)