If there’s one thing that Community isn’t short on, it’s strong women. Easily one of the most powerful women in the show is Shirley, played by Yvette Nicole Brown. Her character was at first portrayed to be just a kind-hearted religious mother but as the seasons went by we got a better look at her complex personality and how that sometimes clashes with some members of the study group. Though the study group has had it’s differences in the past, Shirley has helped bring them back together. She’s the heart and soul of the group.
Back in February we got the chance to sit down and speak with Yvette Brown, dressed in hospital garb, not only about the latest episode but her love for the fans and how the season finale could possibly wrap up the entire show.
- -1:16 Shirley’s crazy moment in the scene
- -1:50 Yvette’s dream man combo
- -2:53 Who else Shirley wants to work with in the show
- -4:44 The future of the television show, her own thoughts on it
- -6:11 Her love of the fans and their support of the show, her activity on Twitter
- -9:01 When Alec Baldwin was bitching and complaining about their ratings for “30 Rock” on Twitter and their interactions together
- -10:47 The season finale of “Community,” how it could possibly wrap up the show.
- -11:34 Wanting to work with Alison Brie on the show some more.
- -12:22 How Shirley has become as a person and as a part of the study group
- -13:15 Another new episode we’ll be able to see that she loves from the second half of season 3
- -14:02 Another episode similar to the “Remedial Chaos Theory” episode