Opening this weekend is Disney and director Sam Raimi’s fantastic prequel to The Wizard of Oz, Oz The Great and Powerful. The film centers on a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics (James Franco) who finds himself transported to Oz and drawn into a battle between the three witches Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams). Loaded with incredible visuals, amazing 3D, and a beautiful world created by production designer Robert Stromberg (Alice in Wonderland, Avatar), Oz is the type of movie that definitely should be seen on a movie screen and it’s absolutely worth the extra charge to see it in 3D. Oz The Great and Powerful also stars Zach Braff and Joey King.
Recently, I got to speak with Braff. We talked about what it was like to walk on the yellow brick road for the first time, his reaction to the finished film, 3D, the unusual way he brought his character to life, and more. In addition, Braff talked about his upcoming film, Wish I Was Here, which he wrote with his brother and plans to direct later this year. Hit the jump to watch.
- What was it like to walk on the yellow brick road for the first time
- What was his reaction to seeing the film for the first time
- How you should see Oz in 3D
- Talks about how he brought Finley to life on set
- Talks about how he’s writing his next screenplay right now with his brother Adam and it’s called Wish I Was Here. Says he will make it this year