If you’ve been reading Collider for any length of time, you know we’re all huge fans of NBC’s Chuck. While getting any show on the air is hard, getting more than one season is even tougher. That’s why I’m beyond excited that Chuck is coming back for a 4th season this fall. And it’s not just because Zachary Levi and Joshua Gomez say “Collider” 10 times during the interview you’re about to watch. It’s because both Zachary Levi and Joshua Gomez are awesome together on screen and they’re both extremely grounded and two of the nicest people I’ve ever had the chance to interview. Also, they both waited around at last week’s Saturn Awards until Guillermo Del Toro was done doing interviews so they could get their picture taken with him. How many actors would have done that?
Anyway, during my backstage interview with Levi and Gomez, they talked about last season and the way things changed on the show. They also talked about the upcoming season, Comic-Con, will they change the Tron poster in Chuck’s bedroom to a Tron: Legacy poster, how disappointed they are that GDT isn’t doing The Hobbit, what did they see and love about this year’s E3 (they’re both gamers), and a lot more. If you’re a fan of Chuck, I promise you’ll love the interview. Hit the jump to take a look:
Finally, if you’d like to see last year’s Saturn Awards interview with them, click here. And watch this if you’d like to see Levi and Gomez talk to Guillermo Del Toro during a different interview.
Zachary Levi and Joshua Gomez
- Were they nervous about the show coming back and were they reading the trades every day to get any info
- 1:35 – We talk about the past season and what is coming up next season
- 4:55 – Will the Tron poster be changed to Tron: Legacy in his bedroom and is it up to how good the movie is on whether or not it will get changed. Levi talks about how he tried to get an audition on Tron: Legacy
- 6:30 – They got picked up for 13 episodes and they explain they could still get the “back 9″ (meaning 9 more than the 13) or it could mean get none.
- 7:10 – What was cool about last season was the way all the characters had new things to do, how was that to film
- 8:30 – They talk about how disappointed they are GDT is not doing The Hobbit anymore
- 9:15 – E3 talk – what did they geek out over at this year’s convention. They mention Rage, cutting lines, the Nintendo 3DS, games they’re going to buy, Halo Reach, breaking technology like the 3D games, the Playstation Move, and more
- 12:50 – They start filming next season July 19, Comic-Con, and what surprises are they planning on for Comic-Con, and will he bring the fans across the street to Subway for food