With director Zack Snyder’s Sucker Punch opening in a few days, I got to speak with him last weekend at the Los Angeles press junket. As the synopsis says, Sucker Punch is an “epic action fantasy that takes us into the vivid imagination of a young girl whose dream world provides the ultimate escape from her darker reality. Unrestrained by the boundaries of time and place, she is free to go where her mind takes her, and her incredible adventures blur the lines between what’s real and what is imaginary.” The film stars Emily Browning, Abbie Cornish, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung, Jena Malone, Carla Gugino, Jon Hamm, Scott Glenn, and Oscar Isaac.
During the interview, Snyder talked about how difficult it was for him to get a PG-13 rating. He revealed that he had to edit the movie seven times to finally get the rating. He also talked about an incredible action scene towards the end of the film and how he put it together, that the director’s cut will have 18 additional minutes (including the full Love is a Drug musical number), how the finished film compared to his original vision, and we ended the interview talking about Superman: Man of Steel. I asked if Superman will punch someone in the face and where are they filming. Hit the jump to watch:
Finally, you can watch five clips from the film here, or here’s my video interview with Emily Browning and Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone, Vanessa Hudgens & Jamie Chung, and here’s Carla Gugino & Oscar Isaac.
- Talks about how his dad is on Facebook and what his profile picture is
- How did the finished film compare to his original vision
- Talks about how they had to go back to the MPAA 7 times to get their PG-13
- Snyder confirms a director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray/DVD and it’s 18 minutes longer
- Says the big musical number Love is a Drug is longer in the dir cut
- Snyder talks about an awesome action scene towards the end of the film and how they put it together
- Superman: Man of Steel talk. I ask if Superman will punch someone in the face and where are they going to film the movie