With Star Trek Into Darkness opening soon around the world, our partners at Omelete recently sat down with Zoe Saldana. During the interview, she talked about what kind of personal challenges the sequel brought to her character, Uhura’s relationship with Spock, the pressure of playing such an iconic character, the level of humor in the sequel, working with the whole team again, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Star Trek Into Darkness also stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Peter Weller, and Alice Eve. The film opens in IMAX 3D on May 15th and in 2D and 3D on May 17th.
- :15 What kind of personal challenges did the sequel bring to her character?
- 1:04 Talks about the pressure of playing such an iconic character.
- 1:40 Talks about Uhura’s difficulty in trusting that Kirk and Spock are making the best decisions.
- 2:35 Uhura’s relationship with Spock in the film.
- 3:09 What is she most proud of in Into Darkness?
- 3:39 The level of humor in the sequel and working with the whole team again. Talks about the environment on set.