Now playing around the world is George Miller’s masterpiece Mad Max: Fury Road. Loaded with some of the craziest action set pieces I’ve ever seen, Fury Road is the kind of movie you need to see on the biggest and loudest screen. Trust me, Fury Road is not just a great action movie; it’s great cinema. As most of you know from the numerous trailers and featurettes, Tom Hardy stars as Max Rockatansky, a former cop who’s completely broken after losing his family. However, when Max crosses paths with Charlize Theron‘s Imperator Furiosa, he agrees to join her cause to help a group of girls reach a safe place and escape Immortan Joe (Hugh Keays-Byrne).Fury Road also stars Nicholas Hoult, Riley Keough, Zoe Kravitz, Courtney Eaton, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Nathan Jones and Abbey Lee.
At the Los Angeles press day I landed an exclusive video interview with Abbey Lee (she plays one of the women on the run from Immortan Joe). She talked about how she got into acting from modeling, memorable moments filming Mad Max: Fury Road, what it’s been like filming Nicolas Winding Refn’s The Neon Demon (she calls the film “mind bending”), her character in Alex Proyas’ Gods of Egypt, her worst jobs before acting/modeling, and a lot more.
Finally, if you missed our exclusive interview with Tom Hardy, click here to check it out.
- Did she realize how crazy the movie was going to be when she signed on?
- Memorable moments from filming.
- Did she always want to be an actor? Talks about how she learned she wanted to act on the set of Mad Max.
- What has she learned over the last few years about acting and the craft?
- What has it been like filming Nicolas Winding Refn’s The Neon Demon? Calls it “mind bending”.
- Talks filming Alex Proyas’ Gods of Egypt and who she plays. Says she doesn’t say much in the film and her character is all CGI.
- What was her worst job before acting/modeling?
- Save or Kill questions.
- Future roles?