I love it when people are honest. All too often, when you’re talking to someone in Hollywood, they give you the vanilla answer and everything sounds homogenized. Thankfully, when I spoke to Thor: The Dark World director Alan Taylor backstage at D23, he was more than happy to shine a light on what’s really going on in the editing process and what it’s been like working with Marvel. He also talked about how they’re still filming additional scenes (they’re shooting a new one with Anthony Hopkins this week), how they’re trying to find the right tone, how he wanted to use a different composer, and a lot more. If you’re looking forward to the Thor sequel, you’ll enjoy this interview. Hit the jump to watch.
- Where is he in the editing process
- Reveals they will be doing some additional photography this week with Anthony Hopkins
- Talks about the Marvel process and the way they make a movie
- How long was the assembly cut and how long is the movie right now
- Talks about how they’re trying to find the right balance tonally right now and how they’re figuring out how to end certain relationships the right way.
- Says the one fallout he had with Marvel was over music as he wanted to use a certain composer and that didn’t work out.
- Says they recently did an all new scene with Tom Hiddleston as Loki and they’re still writing new scenes.