Over the past few months, Marvel’s production of Ant-Man has been in the news constantly, and not in a good way. Fans were over the moon Edgar Wright was going to helm a Marvel movie that he co-wrote with Joe Cornish. When Wright left the project over “creative differences,” most fans were angry with Marvel, and it’s the first time the company had to publicly deal with serious venom from the online community. While Marvel has done their best by hiring Peyton Reed (a fellow geek who is dealing with the situation the best he can) and bringing in Adam McKay to help tweak the script, even if the movie is a home-run, fans are always going to wonder what might have been.
However, while I’ll always be upset we won’t see a Wright-helmed Ant-Man, I’m definitely curious what McKay is bringing to the script. While many wondered if he just did a soft pass and tweaked some dialogue, Paul Rudd told me during a group interview at Comic-Con that he’s been working with McKay on the script “every day for six weeks and we’ve spent a lot of time on it.” He went on to say “I love where we’re at. It’s still the story that Edgar and Joe wrote and created and while we’re still polishing some things, I feel really good and excited about where we’re at.” Hit the jump to watch the video interview with Rudd where he also talked about Michael Douglas, how they will shoot the Ant-Man sequences, what fans can expect with the dialogue, and more.
- How he never ages.
- :40 – With Ant-Man filming in a few weeks (starts August 18 in Atlanta) where are they at with the script and production? Talks about status of script and how he’s been working every day with Adam McKay for six weeks.
- 2:00 – Talks about being in the gym a lot for the role.
- 2:20 – Talks about being excited to work with Michael Douglas. Reveals he wasn’t familiar with any of his work.
- 3:05 – Talks about how they will shoot the Ant-Man sequences.
- 3:35 – Talks about the dialogue and what fans can expect. Says it won’t be filthy. It’s a Marvel movie.