Last week at CinemaCon I landed a few minutes with Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer on the red carpet before the Warner Bros. panel. The two busy actors were in Las Vegas promoting their upcoming Guy Ritchie actioner The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (watch the trailer here). Set during the height of the Cold War, the film stars Hammer and Cavill as a KGB agent and CIA agent, respectively, who are forced to team up in a joint mission to stop a mysterious criminal organization from proliferating nuclear weapons and technology. The film also stars Alicia Vikander, Hugh Grant, Elizabeth Debicki, and Jared Harris. The Man from U.N.C.L.E. opens in theaters on August 14th.
During the interview they talked about why they both had beards, if they’ve seen the finished version of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and what they thought, their worst jobs, memorable moments from filming, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and more.
Here’s what they had to say followed by the full list of questions. The Man from U.N.C.L.E. opens in theaters on August 14th.
Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill:
- The beards.
- How does the finish film look?
- What’s the worst job they’ve ever had before acting?
- Memorable moments from filming Man From U.N.C.L.E.. They talk about filming a pool sequence.
- Is Cavill going to Comic-Con for Batman v Superman?
- I try and get Cavill to talk about making the sequel.
- Hammer takes over.