It’s been a long time coming for Arrow fans. Olivers’s faithful partner in crime-fighting, Diggle (David Ramsey) finally got his own costume just in time for Season 4, and he’s…Magneto?! OK, not really, but you can’t deny that helmet is just a desaturated Magneto helmet with some texture added. And a leather jacket. After four seasons of build up to a super suit, they gave Diggle a helmet and a jacket. Maybe Diggle joins a motorcycle gang this season.
Honestly, beyond the fact that it’s almost identical to Magneto’s helmet, this is just not a very good costume, and an even worse disguise. Ramsey has spoken frequently in interviews about how Diggle needs a costume to protect his identity, especially now that he has a wife and child to keep safe. Why then, in sweet fuck, would he use a costume that leaves his eyes, nose and mouth — some of the most identifiable facial features — uncovered? Even if they’d never seen him before, I feel like a sketch artist could knock out a pretty good portrait with what we’re seeing here. In any case, here’s Diggle’s new costume, which you can scrutinize for yourself below.
Arrow returns to The CW October 7th. You can catch up with all our recent Arrow coverage here, or check out the links below.
- ‘Arrow’ Producer Wendy Mericle Reveals the Threats and Challenges of Season 4
- Stephen Amell Is Bringing His ‘Arrow’ Suit to the WWE’s ’SummerSlam’
- Constantine Coming to ‘Arrow’; Matt Ryan Reprising His Role
- Meet the New Characters in THE FLASH, ARROW, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, and SUPERGIRL
- 12 Things to Know about ARROW Season 4: “Pure Evil” Headed to Starling City