Mark Hamill may have been in London for all things Star Wars during the “Star Wars Celebration,” but that didn’t stop him from indulging his Bat-fans. While Hamill was in attendance for his role in Star Wars: Episode VIII, he unfortunately will not be attending San Diego Comic-Con for his involvement in Sam Liu’s Batman: The Killing Joke. Perhaps keeping that in mind, Hamill carved out some time to talk about the highly anticipated, R-rated, animated adaptation of the acclaimed graphic novel.
In a clip from his panel “An Hour with Mark Hamill” (via CBM), the man behind the voice of the Joker (from Batman: The Animated Series and the upcoming feature film) gave the audience a treat when he read a short monologue as the Clown Prince of Crime. It was a thrilling little bonus surprise for attendees, one punctuated with the Joker’s signature laugh, as has been made infamous by Hamill himself.
Watch this clip in which Hamill goes full Joker for a short monologue:
And if you have the time and the inclination, here’s the full hour-long “Star Wars Celebration” panel featuring Hamill:
For more on Batman: The Killing Joke, be sure to take a look at some of our most recent coverage provided at the links below:
- Watch: New Footage of Batgirl from ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’
- ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ Comic-Con World Premiere Details Emerge
- ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ Will Be Fathom Events Widest Theatrical Release to Date
- First ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ Clip Pulls a Classic Scene from the Comic
- ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ to Get Theatrical Release for One Night Only