‘Batman v Superman’ Concept Art Captures Movie Moments, Locations in Stunning Detail
Starting as stories and images in the pages of DC Comics, the clash between flagship heroes was finally brought to life in the epic blockbuster film, Batman v Superman. It’s a testament to the longevity of the heroes’ popularity and the strength of their stories that they are worthy of adaptation across genres and media. I find it particularly interesting that some newly emerged concept artwork for the film both harkens back to the classic presentation of this story in the comics while also capturing the feeling of some of the movie’s most impressive moments.
Concept artist Christian Lorenz Scheurer, who has also worked on Warner Bros.’ upcoming DC Comics films Suicide Squad and Justice League, shared a host of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice concept art on his personal website (via Film Sketchr) and has given us permission to repost some of the images here. We’ve pulled some of the best examples which capture dramatic scenes, dynamic locations, or pivotal moments in the film’s plot. (Spoilers follow for anyone who hasn’t seen the film yet.) We’ve also included some spectacular augmented reality concept art from Lorenz Scheurer that’s worth checking out.
Check out the concept art below:
Here are some additional cool shots from Lorenz Scheuer’s beautiful, impressive, and imposing augmented reality art:
- ‘The One and Only Ivan’ Trailer Goes Ape with a Celebrity Voice Cast for Disney+
- 'Ready Player Two' Sequel Novel Coming This November; Book Cover Revealed
- Mary Steenburgen Explains Why You Can’t Watch Her Oscar-Winning Performance
- Jude Law to Play Captain Hook in Disney’s Live-Action ‘Peter Pan & Wendy’
- Tiffany Haddish to Star in Comedy 'Homecoming Queen' Based on Her Trip to Africa