There will be no shortage of ways to see Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice when it opens later this month; the film opens nationwide in RealD 3D, and in 2D, and in select IMAX 3D theatres on March 25, 2016. But now Dolby has announced that the epic clash between DC’s most famous superheroes will also be available in Dolby Cinema. Combining Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, this viewing experience is described as delivering “strikingly vivid and realistic images that make viewers feel like they are in the movie’s world.” What better world to step into than Warner Bros.’ new segue into the DC Cinematic Universe.
The world premiere of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will also be presented in Dolby Vision laser projection and Dolby Atmos sound at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on March 20th. Not to worry though; there’s a handful of Dolby Cinema-capable theaters around the country that will bring the viewing experience to you, and by year’s end there will be 50 Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime locations.
Here’s what Snyder had to say about Dolby Cinema:
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos are definite game changers for filmmakers. The blacks are truly black, and the deep contrast and brightness levels are amazing. They make these powerful and iconographic superhero characters that we’ve known all our lives truly come alive, and I’m thrilled we get to see—and especially to hear—this film in Dolby on the big screen.
Doug Darrow, Senior Vice President, Cinema Business Group, Dolby Laboratories, followed that up with this statement, suggesting audiences can see future WB superhero films in this same format:
With incredible realism and wonderfully clear and nuanced sound, Dolby technologies have helped filmmakers hit the visual and audio sweet spot, enhancing the movie into a captivating and complete picture. Warner Bros. continues to be a leading creative force for film innovation in content and technology, and we are eager for audiences to see the powerfully immersive film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in a Dolby Cinema.
Here’s a list of theaters where you’ll be able to see Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in Dolby Cinema:
1. Desert Ridge 18 – Phoenix, AZ
2. Burbank 16 – Burbank, CA
3. Century City 15 – Century City, CA
4. North Point Mall 12 – Alpharetta, GA
5. Hawthorn 12 – Vernon Hills, IL
6. Town Center 20 – Leawood, KS
7. Barrywoods 24 – Kansas City, MO
8. Empire 25 – New York, NY
9. Village on the Parkway 9 – Addison, TX
10. Deerbrook 24 – Humble, TX
11. AMC Willowbrook 24 – Houston, TX
12. AMC Garden State 16 – Paramus, NJ
13. AMC Hampton Towne Center 24 – Hampton, VA
14. AMC Newpark 12 – Newark, CA
15. River Park Square – Spokane, WA
For more on Batman v Superman, take a look at some of our recent coverage provided at the links below:
- Why Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor (Might Be) the Villain We Deserve
- Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman “Is Not Relying on a Man” Even If He’s Got Superpowers
- ‘Batman v Superman’: See 11 New Photos of the Superhero Face-Off [Updated]
- March Box Office Predictions: Will ‘Batman v Superman’ Successfully Kick off the DC Universe?
- ‘Batman v Superman’: EW’s Anthony Breznican Gives a Quick Review
- “No Winning Anymore” for Superman Says Director Zack Snyder