Fresh off some new images, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has landed on the cover of the new issue of Entertainment Weekly. The latest issue is previewing Comic-Con, and Zack Snyder’s highly anticipated superhero movie will have its panel on Saturday, July 11th in Hall H, and Mattel will also be offering toys from the movie.
It’s nice to finally see the characters in full color, though in the film I imagine they’ll be a bit washed out again. It’s also clear from this cover that Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman represent three very different types of heroes. Ben Affleck‘s Batman is bulky, almost hulking, while Gal Gadot‘s Wonder Woman is a bit exotic looking and is the only one brandishing a weapon. Henry Cavill‘s Superman, meanwhile, is the classic visualization of the “hero,” even though he’s an alien.
“I said, ‘What about at the end of the movie we do a scene where there’s a crate full of kryptonite delivered to Wayne Manor.’ Everyone was like…‘Okaay.’ Once you say it out loud it’s a problem because you can’t unsay it.”
Speaking on his version of Batman, Affleck discussed a much different iteration than we’ve seen before:
“He’s on the verge of being swallowed up by the anger and the rage that we see haunt this character in the other manifestations of it. But this guy is further down the line and has become more embittered and cynical.”
EW says Batman is upset by the prospect of Superman’s “unequaled power” that makes him a potential threat/overlord, so he takes it upon himself to bring Supes down. We’ll no doubt learn much more at next weekend’s Comic-Con panel, so stay tuned to Collider for our full recap of the event.
Check out the Batman v Superman EW cover below. The film opens March 25, 2016.
For more on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, click here or peruse the links below.
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Star Jesse Eisenberg Talks Lex Luthor’s “Emotional Core”
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN’s Batmobile Outfitted with Dual Engines, Harpoons, and Sonic Repellent
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: Over 30 Pictures of Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman Costumes
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Official Synopsis Revealed
- Warner Bros. Exec Outlines DC Movie Universe Plans; Courting “Master Filmmakers”
- Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill Talk MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. and BATMAN V SUPERMAN at CinemaCon
- Henry Cavill Says BATMAN V SUPERMAN Is Not a MAN OF STEEL Sequel
- Take Another Look at the BATMAN V SUPERMAN Batsuit
- First Posters for BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- Over 30 Images from the BATMAN V SUPERMAN Trailer
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer Teases Clash of Superheroes