If you’ve been paying attention to this site at all over the past few days, you know Comic-Con 2015 brought us tons of new reveals, insights, and footage from a variety of upcoming films and TV shows. But one of the most high-profile movies showcased at the San Diego convention was Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, for which a new trailer was premiered in Hall H during the panel and then released online shortly afterwards. We’ve done our due-diligence in dissecting the trailer with 50 screengrabs, but one of the more curious revelations in the new footage was a short sequence in which Ben Affleck’s Batman was seen in some sort of desert, wearing a modified Batsuit.
Said modifications included a pair of Bat-Goggles, and this new “gadget” is on full display in a new Batman image that has been released from the film. This looks to be a promo image of some sort, as we get a nice look at Affleck’s profile and a close-up look at his garb. Having not seen the film, we can’t speak with any degree of certainty about how the Caped Crusader’s desert wares fit into the story, but it’s nice to see we’ll be getting variations of the Batsuit throughout the film.
Check out the image below, which was retweeted by cinematographer Larry Fong thus confirming its validity. And for a full rundown of what we learned from the BvS Comic-Con panel, click here for my recap. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in theaters on March 25, 2016.
— Clay Enos (@ClayEnos) July 13, 2015
Peruse other recent links to our Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice coverage below.
- New BATMAN V SUPERMAN Comic-Con Poster Shows Heroes at Odds
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Toys Revealed at Comic-Con
- 20 Images of Batman’s Weapons and Gadgets from BATMAN V SUPERMAN
- New Images of the Batman Armor from BATMAN V SUPERMAN
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Hi-Res Images Revealed
- Ben Affleck Gets into the Marvel vs. DC Debate
- Zack Snyder Defends MAN OF STEEL Ending; Teases Batman Connection and Brainiac
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Scenes Include a Rainy Rooftop Battle and Solemn Chats with Alfred