With director Ang Lee’s Gemini Man now playing in theaters, I recently sat down with Benedict Wong for an extended interview. He talked about the challenges of filming in 3D and HFR, what it was like working with Will Smith and Lee, his reaction reading the script for the first time, and more. In addition, he talked about being part of Avengers: Endgame, The Dark Crystal, Doctor Strange 2 (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness), and how he did the voice of the bulldog in the new Lady and the Tramp movie.
If you haven’t seen the trailers, the sci-fi thriller sees Will Smith as a retired assassin being hunted by a 23-year-old clone of himself. Smith plays both parts through the magic of modern technology and the film doesn’t shy away from the actor going head-to-head with his own doppelganger. Gemini Man is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and David Ellison and also stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, and Douglas Hodge.
Check out what Benedict Wong had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about.
- How does it feel to be part of the biggest movie of all time?
- What was it like working with Ang Lee?
- What was his reaction seeing the finished film in 3D and high frame rate?
- What was it like working with the brand new technology?
- His reaction reading the script for the first time?
- What was it like working with Will Smith?
- What did it mean to be part of The Dark Crystal?
- Does he know when he’ll be filming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness?
- What can he say about Lady and the Tramp?