Warning: Minor spoilers are discussed during this interview.
Now that Bill & Ted Face the Music is in select movie theaters and available on demand, it’s time to post my spoiler conversation with director Dean Parisot about the long-awaited sequel. As you can watch in the player below, Parisot reveals how they shot 3 or 4 post-credits scenes that were all improvised and picked the one that you see at the very end of the film, how the character Station ( from Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey) was originally going to be part of the opening montage, why they decided to keep Anthony Carrigan’s character under wraps during the marketing of the movie, how George Carlin’s daughter is in the movie as a scientist in the future, how they decided what song was going to save the universe, how they shot the movie without having the final song ready (on set they played Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by The Beatles), why he loves the last line of the film, and a lot more.
In Bill & Ted Face the Music, William “Bill” S. Preston Esq. (Alex Winter) and Theodore “Ted” Logan (Keanu Reeves) have reached middle age without having fulfilled their rock and roll destiny. As the universe starts falling apart, the best friends must find a way to write the song that has eluded them for decades. Along the way, they will be helped by their daughters (Samara Weaving and Brigette Lundy-Paine), a few music legends, and a new batch of historical figures. Written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, Bill & Ted Face the Music also stars Kid Cudi, Kristen Schaal, Anthony Carrigan, Erinn Hayes, Jayma Mays, Jillian Bell, Holland Taylor, Beck Bennett, William Sadler, Hal Landon Jr. and Amy Stoch.
Check out what Parisot had to say and further down the page is exactly what we talked about. And if you missed what Parisot told me about the Amazon Galaxy Quest TV show, click here.
Finally, here’s Matt Goldberg’s review of Bill & Ted 3 and if you missed my interview with Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter where they talk about why you should avoid the Bill & Ted cereal, click here to watch.
- Was Station ever going to be part of the movie?
- Were there any characters from the previous films they wanted to include but couldn’t for some reason?
- How George Carlin’s daughter is in the movie as a scientist in the future.
- Why they brought in new actors to play the wives.
- How they were going to shoot a scene with Bill and Ted after they leave the stage at the end of the film but they didn’t get to shoot it.
- Why he loves the last line of the movie which is about how it wasn’t about the song but everyone playing it together.
- How they shot 3 or 4 post-credits scenes that were all improvised and picked the one that you see in the film.
- Why they decided to keep Anthony Carrigan’s character under wraps during the marketing of the movie.
- How did they decide on what bands would be on the soundtrack and in the movie?
- How did they decide on what song was going to save the universe?
- How they shot the movie without having the final song and created it in post-production. On set they played Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by The Beatles.