At the 2016 San Diego Comic-Con, Collider Video’s Jon Schnepp got the chance to sit down and talk with Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman. During their conversation, they talked about how Boseman prepared to play Black Panther, the physical training involved in playing a superhero, what he wants to see in Black Panther, if the Captain America: Civil War Blu-ray will contain behind-the-scenes material of his training, and the favorite comics he read when he was a kid.
Check out the video above, and click here for our recap of Black Panther‘s Comic-Con panel in Hall H. The film, which will be directed by Ryan Coogler (Creed) also stars Michael B. Jordan as Erik Killmonger, Lupita Nyong’o as Nakia, and Danai Gurira as Okoye. Black Panther opens February 16, 2018. Captain America: Civil War hits Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere 9/2, Blu-ray on 9/13.
- 0:35 – How he studied up to play Black Panther.
- 1:26 – The physical training to be a superhero.
- 2:38 – Behind the scenes material for the Blu-ray.
- 2:55 – What he wants to see in Black Panther.
- 4:07 – Favorite comics he read when he was a kid.
For more on The Black Panther, be sure to take a look at some of our most recent write-ups below:
- ‘Assassin’s Creed’: Michael K. Williams on Playing a Voodoo Assassin, Franchise Potential, and More
- Ryan Coogler Says ‘Black Panther’ Will Be His Most Personal Movie Yet
- ‘Black Panther’ Cast to Be “90% African or African-American,” Says Kevin Feige
- ‘Black Panther’: Michael B. Jordan Reteaming with Ryan Coogler for Marvel’s Most Exciting Film Yet
- Watch Our 1-Hour Q&A with ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors Joe & Anthony Russo