Last weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel finally revealed the first footage from the currently filming Black Widow movie. You can read Haleigh Foutch’s recap here. Shortly after leaving the Hall H stage, the cast did interviews and I managed to ask Florence Pugh a couple questions. She talked about how the Black Widow movie pushes the comic book movie genre in a new direction, why she was surprised by the script, and the reasons why Cate Shortland is the right person to helm the movie.
While the storyline of Black Widow is still under wraps, we know Cate Shortland (Lore, Berlin Syndrome) is helming the film and it also stars Scarlett Johansson, Rachel Weisz, David Harbour, and O-T Fagbenle. In addition, Marvel confirmed at Comic-Con that Pugh is in fact playing Yelena Belova, who in the comics takes over the Black Widow mantle from Natasha Romanoff.
Check out what Florence Pugh had to say in the player above. Black Widow hits theaters on May 1, 2020. For all of the Marvel news that broke during the studio’s Hall H panel, click on the links below:
- Marvel’s ‘Eternals’ Lines up a Full Cast Led by Angelina Jolie
- Marvel Reveals Full ‘Shang-Chi’ Title, Lead Actor and Release Date; Tony Leung to Play The Mandarin
- First Details on ‘Loki’ and the Return of Tom Hiddleston’s Trickster God
- ‘Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness’ Set for 2021 Release
- First Logo for Marvel’s ‘WandaVision’ Revealed with Release Date, New Cast Info
- ‘Hawkeye’: Disney+ “Event Series” Will Have Clint Barton Mentoring Kate Bishop
- Taika Waititi’s ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ to See Natalie Portman Wield Mjolnir as Thor
- Marvel’s ‘What If?’ Announces Massive Voice Cast of MCU Stars & Jeffrey Wright as The Watcher
- ‘Blade’: Two-Time Oscar-Winner Mahershala Ali to Play the New Daywalker
- Marvel Confirms ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot, “Mutants” for Phase 4