Opening this weekend is director Peter Chelsom’s (Hector and the Search for Happiness) sci-fi romance The Space Between Us. The movie stars Asa Butterfield as Gardner Elliot — a boy born on Mars during NASA’s first attempt to colonize the Red Planet. Born on a different planet, Gardner’s heart and bone-density aren’t equipped to handle life on Earth, a reality that becomes a problem when he meets up with an intrepid young girl Tulsa (Britt Robertson), and escapes the team of scientists moderating his health on a mission to find his father. Written by Allan Loeb (Rock of Ages), The Space Between Us also stars Gary Oldman as the head of the mission on Earth and Carla Gugino as an astronaut on Mars.
At the Los Angeles press day I landed an exclusive video interview with Britt Robertson and Asa Butterfield. They talked about why they were excited to take on the project, memorable moments from filming, what it was like working with Gary Oldman, who ruined the most takes, future projects like The House of Tomorrow and Girlboss, and a lot more. Check out what she had to say in the video above and below is exactly what we talked about followed by the official synopsis and The Space Between Us trailer.
Britt Robertson and Asa Butterfield:
- Are they excited or nervous when they wake up knowing they are answering questions all day?
- How they first met on set.
- What was it about the script and project that got them excited to be in it?
- Memorable moments from filming?
- What was it like working with Gary Oldman?
- Who ruined the most takes and why?
- They each talk about future stuff (The House of Tomorrow and Girlboss)