The dramedy 50/50, directed by Jonathan Levine (The Wackness), is one of my favorite films of 2011. Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Anjelica Huston, the film is based on screenwriter Will Reiser’s real-life battle with cancer and focuses on the twists, turns, shock, sadness, and comedic relief that he experienced along the way. You can watch the trailer here and here’s Phil’s review.
While at this year’s Toronto Film Festival, I was able to speak with Dallas Howard about how she got involved in 50/50, the research she does for her roles, and was she surprised by the success of The Help. In addition, I asked Twilight fans meet her what do they always want to talk about and I got an update on a movie she wants to direct called The Originals. She says it’s like a Bill Chill for her generation. Hit the jump to watch.
Bryce Dallas Howard
- What’s her karaoke song
- What’s the last video game she’s played
- How did she get involved in 50/50
- How much research does she typically do and how much did she do for 50/50
- How many takes does she like to do
- Is she surprised by the success of The Help
- When Twilight fans meet her, what do they always want to talk to her about
- Is she going to direct The Originals and what is it about. Says it’s like The Big Chill for her generation.