If you missed the opening salvo of set images from Anthony and Joe Russo’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, don’t fret! We’ve still got them here for you, plus these new shots of stars Scarlett Johansson staring angrily at paparazzi and Samuel L. Jackson dressed in Nick Fury’s colorful weekend wear. The upcoming sequel will not only feature Captain America (Chris Evans) but also Black Widow (Johansson) in what sounds like a co-lead role as the two hunt down the mysterious Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan).
Hit the jump to check out the set photos. The film also stars Cobie Smulders, Georges St-Pierre, Frank Grillo, Hayley Atwell, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Maximiliano Hernández and Robert Redford. Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens on April 4, 2014.
Click here for all our coverage of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, or check out some of the most recent news stories below:
- Don Cheadle Talks THE AVENGERS 2 and CAPTAIN AMERICA 2; Says “Conversations Have Been Happening” for AVENGERS Sequel
- Hayley Atwell Hints at Possible Peggy Carter Marvel One Shot at Comic-Con; Talks CAPTAIN AMERICA Sequel and TOMB RAIDER
- Anthony Mackie Talks CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, Getting in Shape to Play Falcon, Where He’ll Be Filming, and More
- Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely Talk CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 and THOR 2; Reveal CAP 2 Has Faster Pace & Fewer Flashbacks Than Initially Planned
- Production Begins on CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER; First Image Released; Black Widow to Have Leading Role
Here’s the synopsis for Captain America: The Winter Soldier:
“Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will pick-up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.