If you weren’t aware that Marvel Studios’ upcoming superhero flick Captain Marvel is set squarely in the 1990s, this new TV spot should help to clue you in to that fact. Buoyed by the bouncing synth sample line from Elastica‘s 1994 single “Connection”, a new TV spot for the movie features superhero-in-earnest Brie Larson battling Skrulls with zeal. It looks fun, as does the new feature that’s due out in exactly a month’s time.
The Marvel movie hails from writer-director duo Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. Also starring Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Rune Temte, Algenis Perez Soto, and Mckenna Grace, with Annette Bening, Clark Gregg, and Jude Law, Captain Marvel lands in theaters on March 8th.
Check out the new beat-’em-up TV spot for Captain Marvel below:
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) February 8, 2019
Here’s the official synopsis for Captain Marvel:
Set in the 1990s, Marvel Studios’ “Captain Marvel” is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that follows the journey of Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes. While a galactic war between two alien races reaches Earth, Danvers finds herself and a small cadre of allies at the center of the maelstrom.
And for more on Captain Marvel, click through the links below:
- ‘Captain Marvel’ Clip Sees Brie Larson Tussle With a Skrull Atop a Train
- ‘Captain Marvel’: 28 Things to Know About the Marvel Cinematic Universe Prequel
- Brie Larson Talks ‘Captain Marvel’ and Her Goal to Make Art That Lasts
- ‘Captain Marvel’ Directors on Influences from ‘RoboCop’ to ‘The Conversation’
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Jude Law on the Paranoia that Comes with Fighting the Skrulls