Opening this weekend is director Peter Chelsom’s (Hector and the Search for Happiness) sci-fi romance The Space Between Us. The movie stars Asa Butterfield as Gardner Elliot — a boy born on Mars during NASA’s first attempt to colonize the Red Planet. Born on a different planet, Gardner’s heart and bone-density aren’t equipped to handle life on Earth, a reality that becomes a problem when he meets up with an intrepid young girl Tulsa (Britt Robertson), and escapes the team of scientists moderating his health on a mission to find his father. Written by Allan Loeb (Rock of Ages), The Space Between Us also stars Gary Oldman as the head of the mission on Earth and Carla Gugino as an astronaut on Mars.
At the Los Angeles press day I landed an exclusive video interview with Carla Gugino. She talked about what drew her to the project, what it was like filming the weightless scenes, memorable moments from filming, and more. In addition, I asked her if she would be providing a voice for Zack Snyder’s Justice League (she did a voice in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman) and what she remembers about making Watchmen. Check out what she had to say in the video above and below is exactly what we talked about followed by the official synopsis and The Space Between Us trailer.
- Are you excited or nervous when you wake up knowing you are answering questions all day?
- Has she ever played the junket game?
- What was it about the script and project that made her want to be part of it?
- Filming the weightless scenes.
- Memorable moments from filming.
- The challenge of filming in only 39 days.
- Is she doing a voice in Justice League?
- Memorable moments from filming Watchmen.