At this year’s Toronto Film Festival, I was able to talk with Chris Pratt about director Bennett Miller’s Moneyball. Based on Michael Lewis’ book, the film stars Brad Pitt as Billy Beane, the general manager of Oakland Athletics who helped usher in a statistical revolution to professional baseball. Jonah Hill plays a fictional character based on Paul DePodesta, and Pratt plays Scott Hatteberg. Moneyball also stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Robin Wright, Stephen Bishop and Kathryn Morris.
During the interview, Pratt talked about how he got cast in the film, what advice he got from Hatteberg, the screenplay by Steve Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin, and what the last year has been like. He also talks about his characters in both Ten Year and Five-Year Engagement with Jason Segel. Hit the jump to watch.
And if you missed it, here’s my video interview with Jonah Hill. Moneyball opens tomorrow.
- I thank him for linking to Collider on Twitter
- How did he end up in Moneyball
- Did he talk to Scott Hatteberg and did he get any advice on how to play him
- Talks about the screenplay by Steve Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin
- What’s the last year or two been like as he’s been landing some high profile projects
- 3:30 – Talks about Ten Year and Five-Year Engagement