Anyone who’s been to San Diego Comic-Con knows that navigating the lines for Hall H can be quite the headache. With that in mind, there are some changes coming to the current wristband system, aka the “Toucan Trackers”, that aim to ease concerns about sleeping out overnight, line-cutters, and scheduling conflicts. Here are the particulars:
Toucan Tracker wristbands will be given out the night before each Hall H panel. For example, Saturday wristbands will be given out on Friday night. Once you receive your wristband, you have three options:
1. You may immediately line up for the following day’s first panel in Hall H.
2. You may leave someone to hold your place in line, and return before 7:30 AM to meet them. You will be allowed to join them in line as long as you have your wristband. Please keep in mind that all members of your group will need to get your wristbands at the same time, so plan accordingly.
3. You may leave, get a good night’s rest, and return to the end of the wristband line before 7:30 AM. Please keep in mind that you must be there before 7:30 AM.
If you decide to leave the line at any point, you may return to the end of the wristband line prior to 7:30 AM and still gain entry to the first panel of the day in Hall H. You do not need to wait overnight! If you return after 7:30 AM, you will have to go to the end of the Hall H line and will not receive priority seating.
In other words, show up early enough to get your wristbands the night before the panels you want to see, then feel free to wander, sleep, and/or check out the many other panels awaiting your attendance at the Con. Then, as long as you’re back in position by 7:30am the day of the panel, you’ll still make it into Hall H for the first panel, just farther back in line; you’ll be behind the folks who slept out overnight to save their spots, but in front of the folks who didn’t get a wristband the night before or showed up after the 7:30am cut-off time.
Now, as for where and when you can pick up wristbands, and where these specific lines are:
Toucan Tracker wristbands will be distributed at the front of the Next Day Line (NDL) for Hall H. Distribution times vary by day. Click on the map to the left for the location of the NDL.
You will need your Comic-Con 2015 badge or your barcode confirmation to receive a wristband. Please note that IDs will be checked, and the name on your photo ID must match the barcode confirmation.
• Wednesday, July 8: Wristband distribution for Thursday panels in Hall H will begin at 10:00 PM in the general Hall H line in Plaza Park.
• Thursday, July 9: Wristband distribution for Friday panels in Hall H will begin at 8:30 PM at the front of the NDL.
• Friday, July 10: Wristband distribution for Saturday panels in Hall H will begin at 9:45 PM at the front of the NDL.
• Saturday, July 11: Wristband distribution for Sunday panels in Hall H will begin at 11:00 PM at the front of the NDL.
Please Note: Wristband distribution will continue throughout the night until all wristbands are distributed or until 7:30 AM the following day.
Remember, you do not need to wait in line overnight to receive priority seating. Your wristband ensures priority seating for the first panel of the day in Hall H. You are welcome to have someone hold your place in line or simply return to the end of the wristband line prior to 7:30 AM.
Wristbands will only be used for the first panel of Hall H. Once the wristband line has been let into the hall, attendees in line without wristbands will be let in as long as seats are available.
Hopefully this all goes smoothly during the convention, especially with heavy hitters Star Wars and Batman v Superman expected to draw huge crowds to Hall H. If you need more detailed information or want to check out their FAQ, head over to Comic-Con International’s press release on the wristbands for more.