Corey Stoll is handling being in a tough position rather well. After all, he was cast by Edgar Wright in Ant-Man some time ago and now finds himself under the stewardship of an entirely different (albeit quite capable) director in Peyton Reed. But Stoll himself seems cool as a cucumber under these circumstances (not to mention proving himself remarkably adept at fielding tricky questions).
After the Marvel panel this past weekend at the San Diego Comic-Con this past weekend, Stoll fielded questions from reporters (Steve being among them) about the nature of his role as Yellowjacket and the status of the script. He also gives some impressions of SDCC as a whole. Hit the jump for our Ant-Man interview with Corey Stoll.
- 0:00 – Stoll wasn’t familiar with the character when he first read the piece, but likes all versions of the script. The relationships between the characters all work and he loves the power of the characters.
- 0:52 – Stoll talks about some of the costumes he has seen on the floor at SDCC.
- 1:28 – Stoll confirms he has scenes with Michael Douglas and is thrilled to work with him.
- 1:39 – He was always going to be playing Yellowjacket when he signed on to the project.
- 1:49 – The script is still being tweaked and he has yet to read the absolute final version.
- 1:58 – Says he would rather fight ants than bees in real life.