Daredevil‘s phenomenal stunts and fight choreography have become a well-deserved point of pride for the debut series collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Studios. However, behind every flashy flip kick, explosion and moment of intricate weaponry is a VFX team hard at work. In this case, Shade VFX, the the Emmy-nominated visual effects studio. Whether filling in skylines, explosions or blood spatters, Shade VFX aims to do so with a light hand that never betrays their presence.
These types of effects, known as “supporting VFX” are some of the most impressive and difficult to pull off, because you’re never supposed to know they’re there; be it the small touches that help transport the audience into the environment, or creating an entire physics-real weapon for Episode 9’s ninja fight. At the risk of losing a little “movie magic”, It’s always amazing to see how many invisible effects makeup the moments we take for granted. Watch the video below, and check it out for yourself.
Fore more on Daredevil, take a look at some of our recent coverage below:
- MARVEL’S JESSICA JONES, DAREDEVIL Season 2 & What’s Up Next in the Netflix MCU
- Daredevil vs Punisher: Top 5 Fights from the Comic Books
- DAREDEVIL Season 2: Elodie Yung Cast as Elektra
- Watch the Best DAREDEVIL Fight Scenes Ranked
- DAREDEVIL Season 2: Jon Bernthal Preps for Punisher Role