By now, hopefully you’ve watched the new prequel series to The Dark Crystal. We have. A bunch of times. And we’re borderline obsessed. So we’ve put together a character ranking that sums up just how useful (or deliciously deceitful) each of the characters was in these 10 episodes. Hopefully there are more coming in the near future, but this should suffice for starters.
We toyed with the idea of doing one big ranking from The Worst of the Worst (which would 100% be a Skeksis character at their best) to the Best of the Best (which may be a Podling, a Mystic, a Gelfling, or whatever the Thra Aughra is), but instead, we’re going to do a few different rankings. So below you’ll find a definitive ranking of the Skeksis, with the ones who left the least impression at the bottom/first and those who we loved to hate at the top/last. The same goes for the Good Guys, including the Gelfling and their allies throughout the tale. But we’re saving a few gems for the Top 3, and anything goes here since all creatures of Thra (and beyond) deserve a chance to shape the destiny of the Dark Crystal. YMMV.
If you’d like to watch The Dark Crystal, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, and/or The Crystal Calls: Making ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’, be sure to click the relevant links.
And for more on all things Dark Crystal, check out our own write-ups below:
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Documentary Review: A Can’t-Miss Look Behind the Scenes
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Ending Explained & What Season 2 Could Explore
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Review: Jim Henson’s Legacy Thrives on Thra
- ‘The Dark Crystal’ Recap: Everything You Need to Remember Before Netflix’s New Series
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Creators on How the Show Began as a ‘Labyrinth 2’ Pitch